Django and VueJS course
Over the past few years, I have been building Django and VueJS websites for a living. At this point, I want to share my knowledge with you to help you build the next big thing or just help you get better at developing with Django :). I am currently working on a big course where I will take you from nothing to creating an advanced uptime and incident status page system. If you have been developing for a bit, you have probably seen them. If not, you can see examples of them here: Digital Ocean and PostMark. We will be building something that looks a lot like them, using technologies like Redis and websockets. Including a custom dashboard for employees to update, collaborate and track issues!
In a nutshell, you will learn:
- How to connect Django 2.0 and VueJS together (yet, keep them separate)
- How to use Django Rest Framework to create a REST API
- How to use continously track uptime using Redis and Celery
- How to push updates to visitors without refreshing the page using websockets and Django Channels
- How to use signals to send email notifications to users
- How to create custom user accounts
- How to implement authentication with VueJS
- How to use components in VueJS
- How to test your Django and VueJS application
- How to deploy the app using Dokku on a VPS (for a small audience)
- How to sustain a lot of visitors with limited infrastructure resources using caching
- How to deploy the app using Flynn on multiple VPSs (for a large audience - including high availability)
Full source code will be made available as well. This course will probably be be available in both video and text.
Note: since this course is not yet launched, the content might change depending on demand. I am always open for suggestions. Feel free to send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.